Caprice Photography Automotive Art

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kustom Nationals 2011


The event kicked off on Friday, and while it was hot, there was still a large turnout on the foreshore of San Remo. The bars and restaurants were very accommodating, keeping the food and liquid coming to the thirsty travelers while the bands Ignition, Blackhill Ramblers and Atomic Hitones kept the rockabilly blasting all night.







It was a great prelude to the rest of the weekend which saw Saturday turn out to be hotter still yet the die-hards still turned out in droves while those who preferred the cooler weather held out till Sunday making that day the biggest of the weekend.





Many of those with cars at the event took advantage of the track while others preferred to sit on the side of the track watching the unrehearsed parade while the cacophony of exhaust notes were music to their ears!









Music blasted out across the main pit area all weekend thanks to some great bands such as Flyin’ Saucers and Detonators, just to name a few,  while the tradies were kept busy by those looking to update their rides, clobber, music collection or what ever else was on offer.














































  I knew I had had a great weekend when I got home and my wife complained that I smelt of exhaust fumes and I went to bed that night with the sweet sounds of V8 engines singing in my ears! Overall, it was a great weekend and I look forward to getting back there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment